ENVISION THIS!

Monthly Misspelled Musings from A Queer Child Of the Cosmos

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Celebration Of You




Today I wanted to celebrate you. Yeah, that's right, you. The spirit.The cutie. The Entity that the universe declared worthy for the gift of life. ( Stop looking over your shoulder!! Im talking to you!)

All Too often u dont celebrate yourself. Too often you do not recognize the work that you do for your world and your communities. To often you dont celebrate yourself for all the times you made it through, all the times you learned and used that lesson to better yourself or help others; or All the wonder and beauty you are. And this aint ego trippin. See I believe when you celebrate yourself, God/Goddess the universe celebrates you. When you celebrate yourself in a sincere and loving manner, someone else may be inspired to celebrate themselves because of your example. And then it spreads like a wildfire.

See the reality is; condemnation and self punishment is so passe'. It's been done. you/we know just how to put ourselves down, to exacerbate our flaws, to beat ourselves up. If humanity has mastered anything, surely we have mastered self hate. Look at the world around you and surely that is apparent.

Mind you, Its not saying that we don't hold ourselves accountable and sit and be present with our decisions that have negatively impacted others. We still have to answer to our choices. But we can do that in a compassionate manner that does not end up in laceration and abuse. We can recognize our places of growth and go to work, reflecting/reading/opening/sharing/re-envisioning ourselves.

Self love, like self hate has been around for a while but its not always as widely practiced. How about taking up that path?
See People tend to think its just to easy or too wrong/or to right for me to actually be kind to myself in my own head or think that they are not worthy of love because they are too (fill in the blank) or because they are not ( fill in the blank) or don't look like ( fill in the blank)


But not today! Today we are not going to go down that beaten path. SO i came up with an exercise I wanted to share to help you on your path to celebration.
You can try it every day if you like:
Just grab a piece of paper or notebook and write this down.

Today, I, ( Your name) will acknowledge and celebrate myself as a divine, beautiful expression of the creator. I will recognize that because God/Goddess/the Universe chose to give ME the gift of life, that I am worthy. And that nothing I do, nothing anyone else says or does, can make me any less worthy of all the love, prosperity, joy and bliss that the universe has to offer. No condition or reality is a statement on my worth. It is a statement on society, a statement of systems, a statement on others or my own neglect but never a reflection of my worth. I am invaluable. Priceless. There will never be another me in the history of the universe! I am the standard. The epitome of wonder. And this goes for every person, every star that shines around me (including those who I do not like or care for). Today I will celebrate me. Cause ( your name) is amazing. Cause (your name)is working it all out. Cause (your name) is learning how to make it happen. (your name)is learning how to love and embrace her/his/their own beauty!

And so it is!
Ashe'
Ashe'
Ashe'!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a nice entry....

January 20, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home