ENVISION THIS!

Monthly Misspelled Musings from A Queer Child Of the Cosmos

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The GOD JAR

So I wanted to share with you one of my faith building exercises. I got it from a friend who ( I believe) got the idea from one of my favs, Iyanla Vanzant.

Anyway, It's called A God Jar.

Whats a god Jar? A god jar is a vessel, a place where you write down on a small piece of paper all the things you are worried about, all the things you are scared wont work out, all the dreams you have and desire to come true but aren't quite sure about how they will come to be-and release them to god/goddess and the universe to take care of.

When you write down these things and place them in the jar, never to open again, you are placing your faith in the universe, Gd, Goddess, or who ever your spiritual counsel is to work things out for and with you. You are releasing your worry and saying "Goddess has got this." I don't need to worry about this anymore.

And from that point on, you do what ever it is you need to do, with the trust that the universe is working on it and supporting you in your efforts

You can decorate your "God Jar" paint it or whatever you like. You can use a mayonaise jar, soda bottle, piggy bank, or whatever you like.

Its a powerful tool that i use whenever i start over-worrying about things. It helps me remember that worrying doesn't help anything. It also helps me keep the faith and remember that my ancestors, angels and the universe has my back. And i believe they've got your back too :-)
I hope you find it useful for yourself. It's really helped me.

Love & Hugs
Yolo

6 Comments:

Blogger Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

So what do you do if it gets full?

February 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess you get another jar...

February 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOU’VE BEEN AWARDED THE KREATIVE BLOGGER’S AWARD!

February 4, 2010 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger TOY COUTURE said...

This is a great idea. I'll be getting a jar this weekend

February 5, 2010 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

May your jar overflow! For such spiritual introspection & creative writing, you've been awarded another Kreative Blogger Award!

February 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Geigh Cheron said...

Getting that jar out of my recycling bag right NOW.....

May 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home