ENVISION THIS!

Monthly Misspelled Musings from A Queer Child Of the Cosmos

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Accountability

In last weeks "The Sunday Spirit" I wrote in the second feature "Self hate is a crime against the universe. It is a crime against God and A crime against yourself." After having time to reflect on the use of that language, I have chosen to shift the word "crime" to "dis-service." The reason I have done this is because I do not want to suggest that the universe is a punitive entity. I also do not want to enforce the judeo-christian concept of "wrong" and "right". What I desire to convey ultimately is that it I believe it is hurtful, and a dis-service to the universe to abuse ourselves and to abuse others. I hope that message gets through.
Even the language of Spiritual law is complicated for me. I think a better use of language would be spiritual principles, as I don't believe the universe exacts punishment, it merely reciprocates what is has been given. I am not sure if anyone besides myself picked up on this language. Even if no-one did, It's important for me to be accountable to the ideas that I replicate into the universe. And this is just one example. I hope for anyone who may have picked up on that, that you were still able to enjoy the piece and grasp the broader spiritual message I was trying to communicate. I will always do my best to hold myself accountable, and I ask that you always know that I am open to your feedback, thoughts, and challenges.

With Much Love

Yolo

3 Comments:

Blogger Journey said...

being intentional and creating a culture of accountability is such powerful healing. Yolo, I love your blog.

April 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Geigh Cheron said...

I'm learning so much from your FB and blog posts. I need to blog on mine.... thanks for the nudge. :)

May 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

YES! The language of spiritual law is Truth, my brother. Arriving at Truth's door is a process that can seem complicated.

Just wanted to tell you that I understand the significance that comes with this change of word choice from "crime" to "disservice" and the reasons you give resonated deeply within me!

See, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and attended a Catholic, Jesuit University. Sometimes, these Judeo-Christian traditions have to be placed aside (and in some cases-even unlearned) in order to make room for even greater truths that govern our blessed Universe.

ॐ♥NAMASTE♥ॐ

May 11, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home